Thursday, March 1, 2012

Trouble in the Fortress

Deciding that it would be a good idea to finally organize all the music I have on my PC into one folder (a system that should've been in place from the very beginning, yet was not), I began the process of moving files around.  Unfortunately, due to a few mistakes/errors/magical-curses, I ended up losing a very very large percentage of my music.  With data recovery software only giving me bits and pieces, its safe to say at this point that a lot of the music is gone.  It's not so bad, as I have a lot of it backed up, but most of what I've lost permanently are albums from this year. 

So, what I'm saying is, forgive any delays that may come in updating the blog.  Either I'll straighten things out sooner than I think and I'll be back to offering new content here, or I'll there will be a week or so where there's not much going on here while I try to rebuild my library.

On the positive side, this was an awfully good means of getting rid of a ton of music that I don't listen to anymore.  For example, I like Asobi Seksu, but I certainly was never going to listen to three hours of live recordings from them.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment