Thursday, February 9, 2012

Some Notes on the Reviews on This Blog

To comment on the nature of reviews on this blog in general:  I realize that the reviews I've posted here thus far have all been positive.  This is mostly a result of the fact that I only want to review an album that I've invested enough time into to critique fairly...yet I'm only going to invest time into an album that I either enjoy or want to enjoy.  Thus, reviews here will - most often - be albums that I'm just enjoying a lot more than others at the moment.

There are exceptions, of course.  For example, last year I spent an awful lot of time with the Cold War Kids' album Mine is Yours, but ultimately just didn't like it at all.

So there you have it: an explanation in case the question ever comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment