Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FOTM Movie of the Year Award/Oscar Sighs

So the Academy Award Nominations are out.  Usually I don't care much for film awards, only because I know that I've never gone out of my way to watch all the high profile movies that seem to sweep awards seasons.  Still, there's always been something appealing about the Oscars, perhaps because it stands in direct contrast to The Grammys, an awards ceremony that seems less and less relevant every year.  At least with the Oscars, the choices (and this is debatable) tend to mean something.

I really don't have an overwhelming amount of commentary on this year's nominees.  I will say that there's a lot of movies on that list that I either have no desire to see (sorry, Hugo and Extremely Close and I'm Going to Make You Cry Every 13 Seconds) or want to see that I have yet to see (Moneyball and Tree of Life). I still don't know what The Artist is.  It has something to do with silent movies.  Okay.  Also, it seems to have every other award possible.  Great.

Honestly, the only point that I really wanted to make was that I was disappointed with the snubbing of 50/50 and Drive, probably the two best movies from last year.   Especially Drive.

Still, have no worries, Drive - I'm awarding you with the 1st Annual Fortress of Terrible Mixtapes Movie of the Year award.  Contact me to collect your prize, a certificate that I'll draw on a piece of paper when I've heard from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment