Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to this Thing

It's a new year (this one being called 2012), and I'd like to think that its going to be a better year than previous ones.  Of course, that seems like a bigger challenge than usual, considering how this is supposedly the year that the world goes to hell and John Cusack has to get his kids onto a boat.

New Year's resolutions are pretty awful.  You know this and I know this.  I refuse to make them.  In fact, my former resolution to no longer make resolutions is the first only one I had ever stuck with, and I see no reason to jump off that wagon.  Still, there is something mildly refreshing about a new year that makes you want to pretend that you're going to be a new human.

And so here I am, attempting to try some new things in 2012.  One of those would be this blog.  Mind you, this blog is a little nonessential, but are there many (any) blogs that aren't?  My goals for this thing are as follows:
  • Talk about new music that I have listened to.  I do a lot of this in the course of the year, and I've always wanted to keep a journal about my impressions of the new stuff I listen to.  I've tried this before, and failed.  
  • Talk about other nerd things that are currently being enjoyed by me.  I go through nerd phases.  Sometimes I really like video games.  Sometimes I really like comic books.  Sometimes I really like video games about comic books.  
  • Talk about the ideas I have for projects that I'll (probably) never complete.  This happens a lot, and I'd be nice to record all of these attempts so that I can look back at them later and wonder what the hell I was thinking.
  • Other things not covered by the bulleted points above.
Anyways, I'm not seeking Internet fame with this blog, nor am I hoping to amass a group of followers.  I simply want a place to record things in a setting that's public enough that if someone was interested enough, they could read it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment